Thursday 10 May 2012

5 Centmeters Per Second


I don`t know if it`s my favorite movie, but it`s one of the best(and saddest) films I have ever seen. I`m talking about 5 Centimeters per Second, a Japanese Animated feature Film by Makoto Shinkai. 
It`s a Drama and Romance movie, the story centers in a boy named Takaki Tono, he quickly befriends with Akari Shinohara because they have similar interests and attitudes. The time goes on and the relationship between Takaki and Akari get deeper. Unfortunately one day Akari  moves to a faraway place in Japan; even though they keep in contact by sending letters , the distance between each other is too much…and I`m not talking only about distance: the two have fewer to tell each other in the letters.
Maybe you will be thinking “How sad! :c”
Well, it get worse more and more during the film. Now Takaki will be moving to an island even more far away from Akari, so he decides to personally go see Akari, since they will be too far apart to visit each other at all after moving. This is my favorite part of the movie, when Takaki travel several hours in order to see Akari and finally tell him his feelings, it`s so emotive because due to a snowstorm the travel get very difficult.
This isn't even the first of the three parts of the movie but I expect to you seeing how this story ends. 
Makoto Shinkai  is Known for his animation films Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below. In this films Makoto ads Science fiction and fantasy topics but in 5 Centimeters per Second the reality is the strong point unlike his others films.
I feel like I wrote down so little, but I`m already over the 250 words so that`s all for this post, don`t forget to see the film if you haven't!    

1 comment:

  1. The movie seems really attractive, i´d like to see it someday! nice post

    ReplyDelete